Hardwood floor care
Caring for engineered flooring is a very simple and trouble-free process as long as it is a part of your regular cleaning routine. Keeping the floor as free of dirt, debris, grit and spills as possible will maintain and retain the original look of your flooring for the longest period.
In this, engineered flooring care is almost the same set of processes as the care of any other wood flooring. Here is a step by step guide for taking care of your engineered floors:
- Keep the engineered flooring swept, clean, and dry on a daily basis.
- For vacuum, use a vacuum cleaner with a soft flooring attachment, or a broom.
- A damp mop can be used and the floor should be dried immediately after the mop.
- Similarly, spills must be wiped off as soon as they occur. Engineered flooring is quite resistant to moisture but excessive water or liquid can cause damage to any flooring including engineered floors.
- You can also keep pebbles, dirt, moisture, grains of sand, and fragments of glass and debris away by keeping floor mats and rugs at the entrances. This how the upper wear layer and the finish of the floor will be safe and intact for a longer period.
- Also, hiking shoes or shoes with either spikes or athletic heels can cause severe damage to the upper wear layer of the floor. This should be avoided.
- Wax-based cleaners, harsh detergents, or steel wool should not be used to clean engineered hardwood flooring.
Let us at Coastal Cleaning Systems help you with all your Hardwood floor care. Visit us at www.coastalcleaingsystems.com to learn more about all of our services. We take pride in providing the best in environmentally safe cleaning systems for Bar Harbor, Ellsworth and all of Hancock Co.
Coastal Cleaning Systems